- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process”‚ means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
- If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
9.1. verify your identity for security purposes
9.2. sell products to you
9.3. provide you with our services
9.4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business or our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information.
- Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
- We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us firstname.lastname@example.org However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
• We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
- Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of Rhys Beddoe Photography
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage Rhys Beddoe Photography risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
- For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- This may include your personal information.
- Specific uses of information you provide to us
- INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IT WILL BE SHARED WITH A THIRD PARTY
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- Examples include:
31.1. posting a message our forum or a blog post comment
31.2. tagging an image
31.3. clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com
- COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE
Our website is a publishing medium.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
- If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
- INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise.
- At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Stripe or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
You are also directed to pay via bank transfer and the bank details are not stored by Rhys Beddoe Photography
- JOB APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to [three years] in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
- If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for [six years] before destroying or deleting it.
- SENDING A MESSAGE TO US OR OUR SUPPORT TEAM
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
- We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- AFFILIATE AND BUSINESS PARTNER INFORMATION
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
- It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
- The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Rhys Beddoe Photography website used cookies. Cookies are placed by software that operates on our servers, and by software operated by third parties whose services we use.
- User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
45.1. to track how you use our website
45.2. to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
45.3. to keep you signed in our site
45.4. to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
45.5. to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
- PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
- We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
- OUR USE OF RE-MARKETING
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
- THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING ON OUR WEBSITE
Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
- DATA MAY BE PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Our website is hosted by Siteground. Please see their website for hosting locations as locations may change.
- We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
- For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
ACCESS TO YOUR OWN INFORMATION
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
18.1. At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us via the website or via email.
- 18.2. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 18.3. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
- USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
59.1. We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
59.2. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
59.3. We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
59.4. Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
- ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
- HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
61.3. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
62.1. to provide you with the services you have requested;
62.2. to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
62.3. to support a claim or defence in court.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
- DATA PROTECTION PROVISIONS ABOUT THE APPLICATION AND USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS (WITH ANONYMISATION FUNCTION)
- On this website, the controller has integrated the component of Google Analytics (with the anonymizer function). Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
For the web analytics through Google Analytics the controller uses the application “_gat. _anonymizeIp”. By means of this application the IP address of the Internet connection of the data subject is abridged by Google and anonymised when accessing our websites from a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyse the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyse the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
- The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.